Conference Day One: Thursday, 1st March 2018
8:30 am - 9:00 am Coffee & Registration
9:00 am - 9:10 am Opening Remarks from Conference Chairperson
9:10 am - 9:50 am CASE STUDY: An Integrated Artificial Intelligence Success Story: Best Practice and Future FocusRyan Davis - Senior Vice President, Sourcing Management (Procurement) Bank of America
Artificial intelligence has got Australian business leaders stumped- what is true artificial intelligence and how do we achieve it? In this session Ryan Davis from Bank of America discusses what the benefits of artificial intelligence are and how to create and achieve a successful artificial intelligence strategy.
- Learn what to do with artificial intelligence- what is it actually capable of and how its going to help you
- Recognise how artificial intelligence and RPA differ
- Realise where artificial intelligence is at now and where it could go in the future
- Analyse what data has to go into artificial intelligence and how to gather it
- Understand the benefit and most importantly how to control your artificial intelligence
Ryan DavisSenior Vice President, Sourcing Management (Procurement)
Bank of America
9:50 am - 10:30 am What Is Intelligent Automation? Discussing The Tools and The Benefits To Develop Efficiency and ProductivityKellie King - Head of Operational Excellence Bupa
Agustinus Nalwan - AI & Machine Learning Technical Lead Carsales.com
Robert Walliser - Executive Manager, Productivity IAG
Kallol Dutta - GM Delivery and Automation Spark Platforms Telecom New Zealand
Automation is the newest buzzword in the industry- however this means that some clarity may be needed on what it is and what it looks like. This session will define the jargon and terminology in the industry to help you get started and clarify where to go next.
- Identifying tools and standard functionality sets to accelerate benefits and success
- Understand how Intelligent Automation is impacting your industry specifically and be inspired to see where you can go
- Creating a Proof of Concept (PoC) best practice and lessons learned
Kellie KingHead of Operational Excellence
Agustinus NalwanAI & Machine Learning Technical Lead
Robert WalliserExecutive Manager, Productivity
Kallol DuttaGM Delivery and Automation Spark Platforms
Telecom New Zealand
10:30 am - 11:00 am Speed Networking:
An effective structured interactive session designed to help expand your network through one-to-one focused conversations. Bring your business cards!
11:00 am - 11:30 am MORNING TEA
INTERACTIVE DISCUSSION GROUPS:
Roundtable A11:30 am - 1:00 pm Going From Back Office To Front Office: How To Integrate Intelligent Automation into CX. Fahad Zulfiqar - Business Applications Specialist Nestlé Australia
Fahad ZulfiqarBusiness Applications Specialist
Roundtable B11:30 am - 1:00 pm How To Implement Intelligent Automation Depending On Your Business Model: Best Practice in An SME VS LSE. Sudhir Sen - Co-Founder and Products Head, an intelligent RPA platform powered by Senior Manager JiffyRPA, Option3.Option3.io, Volvo
Sudhir SenCo-Founder and Products Head, an intelligent RPA platform powered by Senior Manager
JiffyRPA, Option3.Option3.io, Volvo
Roundtable D11:30 am - 1:00 pm How Can Big Data Be Utilised in Predictive Analytical Formats for Intelligent Automation.
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm LUNCH
EARLY STAGE IA DEVELOPMENT2:00 pm - 2:40 pm SCOPE Determine Where You Can Go With Your RPA: Reaching For The (Feasible) Stars Julie Boulton - Robotic Process Automation Developer Heritage Bank
Intelligent Automation is becoming one of the best ways to increase the efficiency and productivity of your workforce. 2 out of 3 pilot programmes fail in RPA. With this in mind, it’s important to understand what processes can be automated and, even more importantly, what definitely can’t be automated. This session discusses the do’s and don’ts from a seasoned professional to implement your Intelligent Automation Programme.
- Determine what processes suit what types of automation
- Understand the cost of each type of automation and analyse the benefit to your organisation
- Learn what the limitations are of automation to avoid failure of your programmes
- Understand the potential benefit of each automation
Julie BoultonRobotic Process Automation Developer
EARLY STAGE IA DEVELOPMENT2:40 pm - 3:20 pm CASE STUDY: Improving Your API Using Machine Learning To Reduce Errors And Need For Human Governance and Intervention Steven Cooper - API and Platform Evangelist Telstra
Machine Learning is being adopted for many different uses- particularly in CX to estimate user input and respond with a best match response. Steven Cooper from Telstra will discuss his experience in implementing Machine Learning as a way to handle API errors and teach the machine to not only identify the issues, but create solutions. He will discuss the benefits of this Machine Learning technology, and the ease of implementation so that you can apply this use case for your own practical application.
- Understand how to use Machine Learning to a new level in the API space and see how the machine handles malformed API requests
- Learning how the machine can create solutions and map the pattern for future issues
- Identify the best practice when implementing this technology and the lessons learned surrounding it
Steven CooperAPI and Platform Evangelist
EARLY STAGE IA DEVELOPMENT3:20 pm - 4:00 pm Leveraging RPA, Cognitive Automation and Analytics In CX To Understand Customers Benjamin Warren - Insight Platforms Manager HEALTH EMPLOYEES SUPERANNUATION TRUST AUSTRALIA (HESTA)
Since 2011, venture capital investment in Intelligent Automation functions has grown more than 70% per year, exceeding $600 million. This shows us that investment in Artificial Intelligence is consistently growing at an exponential rate and only will continue to grow as we include technologies such as RPA, Machine Learning and Cognitive Automation. So how do you make the leap from RPA to Cognitive Automation? This session discusses an award winning organisation that has successfully implemented Artificial Intelligence for analytical purposes to free up staff to delight customers. Benjamin will discuss how they have done it and what the future holds for their CX team.
- Augment the humans, improving marketing through predictive analytics
- Unleash the machines, understanding changes in customer behaviour
- Create CX champions by democratising the data through distributed
- Best practice for implementation and potential outcome
Benjamin WarrenInsight Platforms Manager
HEALTH EMPLOYEES SUPERANNUATION TRUST AUSTRALIA (HESTA)
MATURE IA DEVELOPMENT2:00 pm - 2:40 pm What Next: Apply Intelligent Automation, Not Only to Back Office Transformation But to Front Office For Value- Added Benefits To Your Customer Markoss Martina - General Manager Process Automation (Robotics & Cognitive) Former NAB
Keeping your customer in mind as the end user and the primary beneficiary of your Intelligent Automation strategy is key to understanding the scope of automation. Markoss Martina from NAB will examine the use of artificial intelligence in the future of banking and some of the work he is doing in the area now.
- Assessing the limitations- specifically where you can find success and how to avoid failure
- Assessing the suitability to your customers and if it really will benefit them
- Explore why its not just about the bottom line- but how to make your IA customer centric.
- Understand what NAB has been doing in AI and some of the wins they have been having.
Markoss MartinaGeneral Manager Process Automation (Robotics & Cognitive)
MATURE IA DEVELOPMENT2:40 pm - 3:20 pm CASE STUDY: Creating A Digital Experience And Agentive Service - Leveraging AI, Cognitive Automation And Machine Learning Paulo Rocha - Principle Enterprise Architect Westpac New Zealand
So, you have had a successful pilot, with proven success. Now you want to automate more than just the simple tasks with RPA to an integrated Intelligent Automation program. Intelligent Automation is creating incredible opportunities for organisations to leverage technology to improve customer experience and levels of service. Paulo Rocha from Westpac NZ will describe how you make the leap from RPA to Cognitive Automation and Agentive Service to fully utilize the opportunity Intelligent Automation presents.
- Explore and understand the possibilities of Cognitive Technology, AI, and Machine Learning
- Enable systems to be integrated to new technology building blocks
- Create a start-up mindset in the organisation
- Experiment to confirm potential outcomes and identify new opportunities
Paulo RochaPrinciple Enterprise Architect
Westpac New Zealand
MATURE IA DEVELOPMENT3:20 pm - 4:00 pm Cultural Change is Critical When Introducing Virtual Agents To Enhance Customer Experience and Add Value At Latitude Financial Services Renata Sguario - Head of Sales and Operations Shared Services Latitude Financial Services
Customers needs are increasingly becoming more demanding. Understand how Renata from Latitude Financial Services has implemented Virtual Agents to satisfy their customers and deliver on their mantra around customer obsession. Not only this, but understand how her workforce is now more productive and is truly freed up to do value adding tasks to exceed expectations and provide excellent customer service.
- Understanding the benefits of RPA and discuss road mapping for planned success of your RPA
- Executing change management strategy to ensure your RPA will be successful
- Communicate a vision and a concrete plan for your people and virtual agents for a sustainable change
- Address how to execute excellent customer service and add value
Renata SguarioHead of Sales and Operations Shared Services
Latitude Financial Services
4:00 pm - 4:30 pm AFTERNOON TEA
5:00 pm - 5:40 pm CHAMPAGNE ROUNDTABLE: How To Create a Successful Pitch: Considering What Must Be Addressed When Winning Executive Buy In For Intelligent Automation
This session will involve a facilitator to open each question for 5 minutes before each person takes their place at the roundtable question they wish to discuss. The amount of time that humans are taking to do tasks that can be automated costs approximately $2.7 trillion in wages. This demonstrates a clear benefit on what can be saved and achieved. How do you effectively communicate to your management this massive optimisation in your operational chain and the efficiency benefit your people will experience?
Roundtable A5:00 pm - 5:40 pm How do you develop clarity around your objectives, goals and scope and communicate that to management? Mitchell Mackey - Marketing Director Ansell Healthcare
Mitchell MackeyMarketing Director
Roundtable B5:00 pm - 5:40 pm How can you stress the importance of value adding more than just cost cutting effectively to management? Tim Johnson - Head of Operations Delivery and Insurance Suncorp Group
Tim JohnsonHead of Operations Delivery and Insurance