Pre-Conference Workshops: Wednesday, 28th February 2018
8:00 am - 10:00 am How to Solve a Business Problem by a Fully Automated AI Product? – A Real Case Study with Details of Design, Development, Evaluation, and Deployment.Hosein Alizadeh, Lead Data Scientist,VicSuper
Recent advances in AI, data science, and machine learning technologies empowered organisations to use their data effectively to understand their customers, predict their future behaviour, and improve their performance.
- Review the concepts of AI, data science and machines learning and the boundaries of each
- Conduct a step by step case study to define your problem, extract and process data, profiling and building a machine learning model
- Understand development and deployment of the AI
- Understand the application of AI in real world situations.
- Solve a business problem by designing, developing, evaluating, and deploying a fully automated AI product.
- Interactively practice your learnings with a real world case study.
Hosein AlizadehLead Data Scientist
10:30 am - 12:30 pm Leveraging Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to Generate a Competitive AdvantageRyan Davis, Senior Vice President, Sourcing Management (Procurement),Bank of America
70% of executives are making significant investments in artificial intelligence technologies, to the tune of US $40 billion in the industry. The global chatbot market is expected to reach $1.25bn by 2025, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 24.3 per cent. Companies that can lead, strategise and operate Intelligent Automation to its competitive advantage with agility will stay ahead of the pack. This workshop will cover business successes using Automation and distil the key learnings to help build competitive an advantage within their organisations, through Intelligent Automation initiatives that are customer-centric and commercially-driven.
- Understand latest insight on world-class leadership, strategy and operation for Intelligent Automation, and their application to building success within your own business
- Identify major barriers to overcome in culture, risk, governance, systems, processes, organisational architecture, capabilities, and technology
- Learn how successful organisations and its people changed to make Intelligent Automation happen, and benchmark that ‘commerciality & urgency for innovation’, agility and resilience against those of your own organisation
- Learn to road map success for your organisation across the entire value chain
- Understand the major barriers for your business for building success with Intelligent Automation and develop strategies to overcome
- Know where your organisation is at in terms of the key success factors for making Intelligent Automation great for your business
Ryan DavisSenior Vice President, Sourcing Management (Procurement)
Bank of America
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm Developing And Implementing Governance, Audit And Security For Deployment And Protection Of DataRolf Green, Director Information, Policy and Innovation,Department of Finance, Services and Innovation
In the age of automation, it is continuously becoming harder for businesses to protect their data for security and privacy for their customers. Governance of automation strategies is quickly becoming one of the major issues for many businesses, especially as automation does not work in the same governance framework as IT does. In this workshop, Rolf Green discusses automation across government sectors- from back office automation to introducing “concierge” AI powered chatbots- and how to create a good best practice and governance framework to avoid problems and ensure what you are using is compliant.
- Create a framework for your governance
- Analyse how to handle privacy of data and increase security on your automation
- Develop the best strategy to protect data and communicate the value to your stakeholders
- Understand the most important aspects to consider when creating a governance framework
- Recognise the importance of an agile system that can be changed when necessary
- Create a successful strategy for implementing your automation
Rolf GreenDirector Information, Policy and Innovation
Department of Finance, Services and Innovation
3:30 pm - 5:30 pm Demo: Realising A Digital Servicing Aspiration With Artificial Intelligence To Enhance Customer Experience And Add ValueSumeet Pathak, Head of Automation,Societe Generale
Customers needs are increasingly becoming more demanding. Customers are now requiring a 24/7 customer service team and immediate responses. So how do we deal with this demand? Of course the answer is bots- but not just chatbots. Understand how to implement Artificial Intelligence, Cognitive Automation and Machine Learning to satisfy customers and deliver on customer excellence.
- Understanding the benefits of Artificial Intelligence as well as Machine Learning and Cognitive Automation.
- Discuss road mapping for planned success.
- Communicate a vision and a concrete plan for your people and virtual agents for a sustainable change.
- Realise exactly how to streamline inefficient processes with artificial intelligence.
- Learn from real use cases and see exactly how machine learning can be used.
- Understand how cognitive automation will benefit you and how it can be used.
Sumeet PathakHead of Automation